Thursday, July 06, 2006

Ten Best Rock Songs of All Time

I just watched the first episode of Rock Star - "Supernova." Yeah. That's right. Because I'm a reality tv show hog. Anyway, Dilana did a respectable rendition of Lithium except for her freak show dance moves at the end. I think she could kick Tommy Lee's ass.

So I'm inspired to ask- What do you think are the ten best rock songs of all time? We'll have to do one for other genres too.

Here's my list in no particular order:
  1. Immigrant Song - Led Zepplin
  2. Baba O'Reilly - The Who
  3. Vodoo Chile - Jimi Hendrix
  4. Have a Cigar - Pink Floyd
  5. London Calling - The Clash
  6. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
  7. Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones
  8. Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
  9. School's Out - Alice Cooper
  10. Heroin - Velvet Underground
Oh, and here's Condy Rice's picks for the ten best musical works of all time. Plus the National Review's top 50 Conservative Rock Songs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rock songs. I'd think of 10 different ones 10 minutes from now but here's my ten:
1. AC/DC-"Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be"
2. Little Richard "Ooh! My Soul"
3. Janice Joplin "Piece of My Heart"
4. Kinks "You Really Got Me"
5. Rolling Stones "Heart of Stone"
6. Roy Orbison "In Dreams"
7. Eddie Cochran "Somethin' Else"
8. Jerry Lee Lewis "Great Balls of Fire"
9. Led Zeppelin "The Ocean"
10.Warren Zevon "Lawyers Guns and Money"