Saturday, May 06, 2006

Best Buy Pranked

Improv Everywhere, a New York-based performance group, invaded a Manhattan Best Buy dressed in royal blue polo shirts and khaki pants. Chaos ensues as customers, employees, and policemen try to figure out what the group is up to.

From Agent Ciletti:
Several people asked me for help. One man wanted to know about some software and started laughing when I said I didn’t work there. After about 15 minutes I went upstairs and stood by the front door. At this point the managers and security knew something was going on. A girl walked in and approached me.

“Do you know where I can find a USB port?” she said.

“What is that?” I said.

“It’s a computer thing,” she said.

“What does USB stand for?” I asked. She gave me a strange look.

“I don’t know,” she said. “You just plug it in…”

At that point a Best Buy employee wearing a black shirt came running over shouting “She doesn’t work here!” but the girl was already heading down the escalator.

He turned to me and said, “You can’t help her!”

“Oh, believe me,” I said. “I wasn’t helping her.”
Working for the Weekend clip here. Filming the event clip here. Full account of the Mission here. History of Missions here.

No comments: